The 10th International Wind and Trees Conference will be hosted by the IUFRO Working Party 8.03.06, at Villa Bolasco in Castelfranco Veneto, province of Treviso, Italy from 20 to 23 June 2023.
The conference will focus on the understanding of the processes of wind damage to forests and how we use this knowledge to develop resistant and resilient forests in our changed climate.
Scientists from a range of disciplines will have the opportunity to share advances in knowledge on topics including:
- Understanding damage patterns and processes in forests due to windstorms
- Mechanics of wind damage
- Tree acclimation and adaptation to the wind
- Designing wind-resistant and resilient forests
There will be a half day dedicated to Flash Talks (7 minutes + 3 minutes for questions) and Posters (1 slide to present poster) with a prize for the best student Flash Talk and best student Poster.
There will also be a half-day with four workshops:
- Using remote sensing to determine wind damage in forests
- Machine learning as a tool for understanding wind damage and wind effects on trees
- Tree pulling to determine tree resistance to uprooting
- Training in the use of the wind damage risk model (fgr R library)