The Forest Science and Technology Centre of Catalonia (CTFC) is looking for a Postdoc researcher to join the research group on Socioeconomics and Governance of Rural Systems and contribute to projects related to the valuation of forest ecosystem services, particularly assessing the economic value of water from regional forested watersheds.
CTFC’s research activity is organised around three programs:
- Multifunctional Forest Management;
- Landscape Dynamics and Biodiversity;
- Bioeconomy and Governance.
The Research Group on Socioeconomics and Governance of Rural Systems is immersed within the Bioeconomy and Governance programme.
CTFC is located in Solsona (Pre-Pyrenees, 120 km from Barcelona), Spain. CTFC is a very dynamic research institute that employs approximately 120 staff, produces more than 100 scientific articles annually and has a turnover of approximately 6 million € per year. Further institutional information is available here.
Terms of the appointment
- This contract may start on January-February 2023.
- It is a full-time position with a duration of 2 years (with possibility of contract extension).
- Annual gross salary will be commensurated with the specific profile of the selected candidate (qualifications and experience), ranging between 30,000 – 38,000 €/year.
- The candidate will be based at CTFC in Solsona (NE Spain), with remote working options according to the institution norms (max. 20 h/week).
- Full time contract: 37.5 hours per week.
- 23+6 days of holidays per year. Good family-work balance conditions.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Assess the water values considering different final water uses for regional watershed in Catalonia.
- Econometric analyses applied to different forest-related fields, particularly on ecosystem services.
- Be able to work in a multidisciplinary environment with hydrologists, and forest modellers.
- Contribution to project proposal preparation
- Contribution to other institutional activities.
The selection process is led by the Human Resources Area of CTFC. This process consists of:
- Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and motivation letter addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, before 5 December 2022 at 14:00, indicating the reference code of the offer (22-11-00005).
- Pre-selection: verification of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection (beginning of December 2022): assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria and interview.
- Final decision: in case of finding the suitable person, the election will be formally communicated to him/her, and the identification of the chosen person will be published on CTFC job openings section.
For further information contact email@example.com