This consultation is published by Plan Bleu, Regional Activity Center of the Mediterranean Action Plan (MAP), established in the form of a French association in Marseille, France. The MAP is one of the main components of the Regional Seas Program of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). Plan Bleu acts as an observatory of the environment and sustainable development in the Mediterranean, and conducts thematic, systemic and prospective analyzes to enlighten decision-makers of the region on the environmental risks and the challenges of sustainable development.
The general objective of this assignment is to further develop a Concept Note and Implementation Plan for an ambitious Mediterranean Forest Initiative.
The specific objectives are:
- to provide an analysis of risks and opportunities for forest protection and restoration in the Mediterranean Basin, based on existing materials and literature;
- based on a preliminary concept note (Annex A) to further define objectives, expected outcomes and outputs, including proposed feasibility studies and assessments, to be aligned with relevant UNEP strategies, programmes and projects;
- to propose partnerships and institutional arrangements for the Initiative, including knowledge/communication partnerships and field implementation options (potentially including UNREDD);
- to identify Mediterranean Basin «champions» for the initiative;
- to develop a detailed budget and timeframe for the development of detailed feasibility studies, which will lead to resource mobilization;
- to identify potential donors;
- to prepare and deliver a workshop and a briefing to present the results of the activities above.
To respond to this call for applications
Plan Bleu invites consulting firms, associations/consortiums of consultants and individual consultants interested in this mission to indicate their motivation by sending a response to this call for applications including: a letter of expression of interest, the CV(s) of the expert(s), as well as a detailed financial and technical offer in response to these terms of reference.
Applications have to be submitted at the latest on 23 October 2022 on www.planbleu.org and via e-mail to [email@example.com] and [firstname.lastname@example.org]. For more information, please contact Mr. Arnaud Terrisse [email@example.com].