The European Forest Institute (EFI) is an international organisation with 30 member countries and around 120 associate and affiliate member organisations. EFI undertakes forest research and policy support at pan-European and global level, with headquarters located in Joensuu, Finland. EFI has its other main offices in Barcelona, Bonn and Brussels.
EFI is seeking a Communications Officer to join the Mediterranean Facility (EFIMED) and the Genetics Resources Facility (EFIGEN) in Barcelona, Spain, to contribute to the strategic development of our communications and network activities as part of a small team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Plan, carry out and monitor communication and dissemination tasks for the projects and initiatives of the Facilities, including developing digital tools, visual communications, postproduction, websites, printed materials, social media and analytics.
- Support other networking, science-policy interface and capacity building activities as required, including planning, marketing, organisation, administration, implementation, reporting and evaluation.
- Engage in the development of communications strategies and project proposals.
- Support Facility or project-related events, both in-person and online.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external Facility and project reports.
- Maintain contact mailing lists.
- Contribute to EFI’s other outreach activities as required.
- At least 3 years’ professional communication experience.
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience of working at a similar level in specialist area.
- Adobe Creative Suite, video editing, web CMS.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Previous experience in graphic design and production of audiovisual communication materials (banners, videos and print publications).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Interest in forest-related or environmental issues, relevant work experience an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Experience in organising events, both online and in-person.
- Excellent written and oral English; Spanish and / or other Mediterranean languages are an asset.
- Positive, engaging, can-do attitude, with initiative and high motivation.
The employee will be based at EFI’s office in Barcelona, Spain.
EFI offers competitive benefits and salary package. Initial duration of employment will be two years (including a probationary period of 6 months), with the possibility for further extension depending on project opportunities and the successful candidate’s performance.
EFI offers an inspiring, dynamic international and multicultural working environment, varying duties and opportunities to learn new skills. The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position as soon as possible.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send (in English) a CV including copies of academic degree certificates with a motivation letter by 12 September 2022, using our online application form.
For any questions about the post, please contact Sarah Adams, Communications Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there may be some delay in response in August due to holidays.
EFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated confidentially. Please note that only candidates that have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Other job opportunities at EFI are also available here.