The Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC) is a scientific research center working on on climate change and its interactions with the environment, society, and the world of business and policy makers.
The Division on Impacts on Agriculture Forests and Ecosystem Services (IAFES) is looking for two Post-Doc or Junior Researchers. They will be responsible for conceiving and conducting research on topics related to climate change, variability and extreme events impacts on terrestrial ecosystems, looking at soil-water-vegetation interactions. Selected researchers are expected to strictly collaborate to ensure complementarity and foster interdisciplinarity of results.
The job location is the CMCC Office in Viterbo, Italy, with possibility to agree on remote working.
CMCC is looking for motivated persons with:
- a PhD or relevant research experience, including scientific publications, on Environmental, Hydrological, Physical, Biological, Forest or Agricultural Sciences, Environmental/Hydraulic Engineering, with particular interest on interactions and processes among ecosystem components’ (soil, water, vegetation);
- good knowledge of some approaches and tools in the research field, especially for (geo)spatial data processing and analysis (statistics, GIS, modelling);
- skills on information technology-based tools and common programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Matlab, etc.) to manage and combine huge amount of data;
- a very good knowledge of the English language, knowledge of other foreign languages is an asset;
- good communication skills;
- attitude towards interdisciplinary team working.
- proficiency to work remotely and availability to take part in meeting in presence and in videoconference, in Italy and abroad.
CMCC offers a temporary contract of 12 months starting from October 2022, with the possibility of extension.
The annual salary will be from 28 to 35K Euros, depending on qualification and experience.