The European Forest Institute’s Mediterranean Facility (EFIMED) and the newly established Genetic Resources Facility (EFIGEN), located in Barcelona, Spain, are currently looking for a candidate to fill a Communications trainee position.
The EFIMED Facility focuses on creating sustainable value from Mediterranean forested landscapes while EFIGEN provides a European hub for forest genetic resources, promoting research, policy advice and networking.
The communications trainee will be working with colleagues from both units on various communication and dissemination activities and projects, including:
- Help maintain our social media channels and support the communications team in the preparation of newsletters, web posts and blog content
- Assist in the preparation of communication products, infographics, visual and video materials, and their dissemination
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Assist the planning of events according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- A university degree related to communications, environment or related fields
- Practical experience with website and social media content management
- Ideally with training or skills in at least one of the following: video editing; graphic design; photography; or podcasts
- Fluent in English; Spanish and / or other Mediterranean languages are an asset
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), WordPress or similar CMS
Duration of the traineeship
4-6 months, starting immediately, as soon as candidate is identified.
Funding available (if the applicant doesn’t come with own funding).
Please note that if you are part of the Spanish Social Security system to carry out the traineeship you must be attending a university and the traineeship is part of your study requirements.
Giuseppe Tripodi Giuseppe.tripodi(@)efi.int
Sarah Adams sarah.adams(@)efi.int
When you send us your application, please write in the e-mail subject: Communications Trainee for EFIMED and EFIGEN Facilities.
Other current traineeship possibilities at EFI are also available here.