The European Forest Institute’s Mediterranean Facility (EFIMED), located in Barcelona, Spain, is currently looking for a candidate to fill a trainee position. The purpose of the work is to identify and keep record of key environmental organisations and contacts in the Mediterranean and use this information to build a stronger network. The work will be done under the supervision of a researcher or principal scientist.
- Help Identify Mediterranean actors and contacts useful for EFI’s network
- Help build a database of contacts
- Assist in the identification of gaps in the network
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Assist in basic research tasks, relating to the Mediterranean Research Agenda 2030
- Assist in the organisation of the EFI Mediterranean Network Forum event
- A university degree related to forestry, environment or related fields
- Practical experience with desktop research
- Ideally with skills in data handling, database and record keeping
- Fluent in English; Spanish and / or French or other Mediterranean languages are an asset
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Duration of the traineeship
4-6 months, starting as soon as possible or (June 20, 2022)
Funding available (if the applicant doesn’t come with own funding).
Please note that if you are part of the Spanish Social Security system to carry out the traineeship you must be attending a university and the traineeship is part of your study requirements.
Giuseppe Tripodi Giuseppe.tripodi(@)efi.int
Magda Bou Dagher Kharrat Magda.Boudagher(@)efi.int
When you send us your application, please write in the e-mail subject: Network Development Trainee for EFIMED Facility.
Other current traineeship possibilities at EFI are also available here.