The Forest Research Centre (FRC) of the School of Agriculture of the University of Lisbon is launching two calls for applications to postdoctoral scholarships. The positions will have an initial duration of 12 months, possibly starting in October of 2021 and renewable up to a maximum of three years. The place of employment will be Lisbon, Portugal, where the FRC is located.
- Assist with organizing and processing forest inventory data;
- Update and maintain information systems for geographic and inventory data related to forest landscapes;
- Support the simulation of forest management alternatives and the estimation of ecosystem services supply;
- Develop tools for simulating fire behavior and integrating it into forest management planning;
- Develop and apply operations research techniques and decision support systems to integrate fire risk into forest management;
- Support the organization of stakeholder workshops to demonstrate and disseminate research.
PhD in Biology, Environmental and Earth Sciences, Mathematics, Operations Research, Information Science, Forestry/Environmental Engineering, or similar. Preference will be given to candidates familiar with operations research, a good knowledge of programming languages, proficiency in technical English, and the ability to compose scientific publications and reports.
How to apply?
Applications must include a mandatory application letter referencing the call “BIPD 2 – CEF (FORCHANGE)”, accompanied by the following: Curriculum Vitae, certificates of qualifications, and other relevant supporting documents. Applications should be sent via e-mail to Professor José Guilherme Martins Dias Calvão Borges at firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com in cc.