Land Life Company is seeking a Forest Data Analyst. The role will be based in Amsterdam with regular travel.
Land Life Company compiles and collects plot-level data on tree growth, survival and recruitment, performs experiments and site productivity assessments. The purpose of the role is to analyse data in a consistent manner and make the derived model
parameters available for accurate and well-justified CO2 capture projections, and advise and contribute in future model developments (e.g. considering non-carbon ecosystem services, and biodiversity).
The responsibilities of a Forest Data Analyst will include but will not be limited to:
Statistical / data analyses
- Compile, collect, and process open-source forest growth data (NFI, growth & yield, plot data including survival & recruitment)
- Analyise data collected by Land Life (monitoring, flux data, experiments, Site Productivity Assessment (SPA) campaigns)
- Derive operational climate-growth relationships and consolidated model parameters
- Perform model-data comparisons, and report results in scientific literature on (global) data analyses, model-data and model-model intercomparisons
Carbon sequestration projections
- Support Head of Resilience Engineering on carbon capture projections
- Contribute to VCS carbon crediting applications (proposal review with respect to data analyses and statistical design of monitoring)
- Advise on sampling design & -frequency considering experiments, monitoring, soil and tree core sampling campaigns at the planting sites
- Participate in the sampling and measurement process
- Excellent written communications skills, logical analysis.
- The ability to make complex information and ideas understandable and approachable to others
- Able to produce and meet clearly defined milestones, deliverables and planning
- Comfortable working independently. Innovative and proactive mindset.
- Education: PhD/post-Doc in forestry or forest-ecology
- 5-10 years experience in statistical data analyses
- Programming (Python, R) or related fields
- Fluent in English
Land Life Company aims to onboard the Forest Data Analyst as soon as possible. For application, send your resume and cover letter to Koen Kramer (email@example.com).