CREAF is looking for three researchers to carry out internationally recognised research programmes. The positions are full-time, with a total contract duration of three years with the possibility of tenure. Successful candidates are expected to start their contract in July 2021. Positions are based in Bellaterra (Barcelona, Spain).
CREAF seeks outstanding colleagues who will complement and enhance their existing strengths, and further develop their intellectual community. Candidates would lead their own research project. Proposals are open to those developing theoretical or empirical work or based on analysis of large databases. Multidisciplinary approaches are particularly welcome. We are especially interested in a science for solutions approach to global challenges, with emphasis in:
- Biodiversity conservation and restoration
- Global change & social ecology
- Big data ecologist
CREAF is a multidisciplinary ecology research center. CREAF’s research focuses on global change, biodiversity, earth observation and ecosystem functioning, with the mission of bridging between academia, administrations, and society, promoting awareness and exchanging knowledge at the local, regional, and global levels.
- Contribute to CREAF’s highest-level scientific production (SCI papers).
- Contribute to establishing an international presence.
- Establish an externally funded research program.
- Lead or participate in scientific projects, both at the national and international level.
- Contribute to the outreach and dissemination of CREAF’s research activity.
- Contribute to undergraduate and graduate research mentoring.
- Work with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Contribute to CREAF’s research social impact.
- Applicants must have a PhD, post-doctoral research experience in a relevant field and evidence of research junior leader experience (equivalent to assistant professor or research fellow positions). The desirable postdoctoral + junior leader experience would be >5 years.
- Experience leading research projects and/or advising PhD thesis.
- Research aligned with CREAF’s research.
Interested candidates are requested to apply by using the application form.