The Confederation of European Forest Owners (CEPF) is seeking a Junior EU Policy Officer to contribute to policy and advocacy work. The position will be based in the CEPF Brussels office, Belgium.
CEPF is the umbrella association of national forest owner organisations in Europe. CEPF promotes the values of sustainable forest management, private property ownership and the economic viability of the forest sector. Based in Brussels, CEPF is a non-profit organisation, representing nearly 16 million European forest owners. These are private individuals, families and cooperatives, which take care of approximately 60% of the European forest area.
The job description and job requirements for this vacancy are as follows:
You will work within the CEPF team to contribute to policy and advocacy work. You will mainly carry out the following tasks:
- Monitor and report on the development of EU forest-related policies, including agricultural and rural development policy and policies aiming at halting deforestation
- Support in framing CEPF positions on EU-forest related policies and engaging with EU institutions
- Gather and analyse information at national level in areas of CEPF interest
- Provide support for organising CEPF events and meetings
- Full professional proficiency in English. Knowledge of other languages represents an additional asset
- Good writing/editing skills in English and confidence in verbal expression
- Team player, with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable
- Ability to be self-driven and work independently
- Ability to prioritise and to meet tight deadlines
Competencies and skills
- Solid understanding of functioning of EU institutions and EU policy making
- Knowledge or a personal interest for forestry
- Skills or experience in communication activities (social media, EU media outreach, event organisation, creative design) is an asset
- Proficiency in IT tools such as MS Office
Education and Training
- MSc (e.g. EU law / political sciences / natural sciences…)
- Minimum 1-year professional experience relevant to the position. Experience from EU institutions or in EU advocacy is an asset
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position between mid-February and end March 2021. Interested candidates are requested to send a CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) to email@example.com no later than 15 January 2021. The email subject should read: “Application CEPF Junior Policy Officer”.