The European Forest Institute’s Mediterranean Facility (EFIMED) is seeking a Research & Project Assistant to provide support in research, project management and science outreach. The position will be based at EFI’s office in Barcelona, Spain.
EFIMED promotes and conducts research, policy advice and networking on Mediterranean forests, forestry and forest products. The facility has a strong focus on capacity building on key scientific priorities identified for the Mediterranean region and brings a Mediterranean perspective to EFI’s three strategic areas of focus: Bioeconomy, Resilience and Governance.
The main responsibilities and qualifications required for this vacancy are as follows:
- Conduct research on various topics for the Facility as required, particularly in relation to the social and economic dimensions of forest and forestry.
- Assist project managers in the implementation of project tasks, project events and procedures.
- Support EFIMED’s networking, science-policy interface and capacity building activities, including
- planning, organisation, administration, implementation and evaluation.
- Support EFIMED’s science outreach and communication activities.
- A university degree in forestry or management of natural resources and relevant qualifications related to the socio economy of natural resources, entrepreneurship or rural studies.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish, other Mediterranean languages are an asset.
- Excellent command of MS Office software, good computing skills and a willingness to learn specific IT-solutions (e.g. intranet, CMS, CRM, other software) used at EFI.
- Service attitude and flexibility; experience in working in multinational environment is an asset.
The successful candidate will be expected to take up the position no later than October 2020. Interested candidates are requested to send (in English) a CV including copies of academic degree certificates/diplomas with a motivation letter by 6th July 2020, using our online application form.