We would like YOUR views on what is important for research on Mediterranean forests. The previous Mediterranean Forest Research Agenda (MFRA 2010-2020) Mediterranean Forest Research Agenda (MFRA 2010-2020) is completed this year and we are very interested to know how far its objectives have been met.
Then looking forward, we need your help to identify the research challenges for the next decade (MFRA 2021-2030 in preparation). Help us to shape the future of Mediterranean research and have your say today!
The survey can either be completed on an individual basis or institutionally / collectively: e.g. for a whole institute/university or by different departments / research groups. Please share this post with any colleagues doing Mediterranean forest-related research. We encourage you to submit your survey response no later than 30 June 2020.
There are five different questionnaires: four addressing the thematic areas of the MFRA 2010-2020 and one seeking input on possible future research priorities. You will have the option to illustrate your answer with publications and other documents, which can be added as a pdf.
Please click on the questionnaires below to start participating in the survey. Participate in each thematic area that is relevant for you – the more information we have, the better we can develop the research agenda for the next decade:
- Thematic area 1. The impact of climate and land-use change on Mediterranean forest ecosystems functioning: assessing and monitoring main physical and biological processes including biodiversity.
- Thematic area 2. Integration of the risk of forest fires in land-use and landscape planning and management.
- Thematic area 3. Policy, economic and institutional aspects for sustainable provision of forest goods and services.
- Thematic area 4. Forest and woodlands in the context of integrated management of land resources: models and decision systems for optimising multi-objective and multi-actor problems.
- Looking Forward to MFRA 2021-2030. Please complete this questionnaire if you only wish to give your feedback on what research topics the future MFRA 2021-2030 should address.
Thanks for your valuable participation!
We respect your trust and protect your privacy, and therefore will never share these data with third parties. In the publication (MFRA 2021-2030) we will never link strategies or views to individual names of people or institutions. By filling out this form you agree that we will process your data in agreement with EU privacy legislation. We ask your e-mail address for in case you like to receive the published MFRA 2021-2030.