Take part in the second edition of the #FacesOfTheForest Contest and win a brand new digital photo camera! The contest is held as part of the Sixth Mediterranean Forest Week taking place in Brummana, Lebanon from 1-5 April 2019.
The theme of the contest is “Forests and Climate Change.” Climate change is one of the biggest challenges facing our planet, and the role of our forests in mitigation needs to be more clearly understood.
The #FacesOfTheForest Contest aims to highlight in a very simple and expressive way the vital role of forests in human development. Forests are central to our efforts to combat climate change, whether at the level of global policy or as local initiatives. We must all rally behind this call for action and make change due to the impact it has on the proliferation of life on the planet.
- Photos are to be taken of people in the forests of the countries in Mediterranean and the Near East Regions.
- Photos must reflect the role played by forest-dwelling people, and forests in general, regarding mitigation of climate change, water conservation and soil conservation.
- Closing Date: Photos sent after 15 March, 2019 at 23:59 UTC will not be accepted.
- Only photos taken with digital cameras and which meet the legal requirements of the #FacesOfTheForest Photography Contest will be accepted.
- You may share a maximum of three photos.
- The participants must submit their photos with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI by e-mail to email@example.com
- Photos must also be shared using the hashtag #FacesOfTheForest on the following social media accounts:
- Facebook: group of the FCNMedNE
- Twitter: Mention @FCNMedNE
- Instagram: Mention @forest.communicators
The #FacesOfTheForest photo contest is one of the events organised and communicated by the Forest Communicators Network for the Mediterranean and Near East (FCNMedNE) for the Sixth Mediterranean Forest Week.