The Forest Science and Technology Centre of Catalonia (CTFC) opens a vacancy for a predoctoral fellow on forest mechanisation and harvesting for the Bioeconomy and Governance Programme.
The programme develops, among others, activities in technology transfer and applied research in the field of wood valorisation; renewable energy through biomass; innovation in forestry and forest operations.
- Management of a European project on demonstration of harvesting by cable crane and related drawing up plan.
- Management of a demonstrative project on harvesting by cable crane.
- Management of a project of territorial competitiveness and specialization on forest mechanisation and harvesting.
- Management of two actions related to forest mechanization.
- Enhancement relationship with forest timber and biomass industries.
- Drawing up of studies and technical reports
- Field work
- Performs any other relevant duties as needed.
- A degree in forestry.
- Related postgraduate education (a Ph.D is a plus).
- Previous work experience related to forest mechanisation, logistics and forest harvesting.
- Working knowledge of Catalan or Spanish is a plus.
- Availability to travel.
- Driving licence.
Duty station: Solsona, Catalonia
Working day: 37.5 hours per week
Gross remuneration: 1,977.3 euro per month with possible incentives
for achieving specifics objectives.
Duration: Two years, with possibility of extension. Immediately entry.
How to apply: Candidates are requested to forward a letter of motivation and their CV at email@example.com indicating the reference mec/19.